Shaarei Tikvah is a warm, haymish community where every member of your family can feel connected. We welcome Jews from all backgrounds, ages and levels of observance, including those with non-Jewish partners. And we offer opportunities for meaningful participation – even from our newest members.
Membership in Shaarei Tikvah offers opportunities for friendship, spiritual growth, lifelong learning and social action.
For all members:
- Weekly Shabbat services followed by a delicious Kiddush lunch.
- Opportunities for all to learn and participate in services.
- High Holiday services in our beautiful sanctuary with open seating and member participation. Concurrent pre-school, grade school and teen programs.
- Monthly community Shabbat dinners.
- Ongoing adult education classes and special programs, including a Woman’s Study Group.
- Social action activities
- Cultural and social activities including a summer barbeque, progressive dinner, Purim spiel and party, annual concert and more.
Especially for families with children:
- A dynamic, creative religious school where your child will receive individual attention.
- Monthly Family Shabbat morning services led by our Rabbi, Cantor and religious school leadership
- Junior congregation on most weeks when there is no family service
- Pre-school programs
- Youth Group for teens and grade-school children
- Special family programs on Chanukah, Purim and other holidays.
For membership information, please call Melanie Piha in our office at 914-472-2013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you are ready to join, you may download a membership form.
Please note that no one will be turned away for inability to pay full membership dues.